2. Romance: Tenor solo.
4. Tenor solo, choir.
5. Bass solo.
- Year of composition: 1864
- Work category: Male choir with solo voice(s) and orchestra
- Text author: Ludvig Josephson
- First performed: 7 May 1864, De la Croix' salong, Stockholm. Singers and musicians from the Royal Opera and the N.N. society under the direction of Ludvig Norman
- Duration: Approx. 20-25 min
22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 / timp / str
Solo voices: 1 tenor, 1 bass
Men's choir, T.T.B.B.
Examples of printed editions
Bärenreiter, Kassel 2010, vol. 22.2 in Franz Berwald Sämtliche Werke
- Location autograph: Musik- och teaterbiblioteket
Description of work
1. Choir. Adagio F major 3/4
2. Romance: Tenor solo. Larghetto A-flat major 3/4
3. Choir. Allegro moderato C major 4/4
4. Tenor solo, choir. Poco Andante E-flat major 3/4
5. Bass solo. Andante G major 2/4
6. Finale = No. 3 Da capo
The piece was composed for the celebration of Shakespeare's 300th birthday.
The music comprises a number of reused older works. Movement 1 is based on Himmel, skydda Svea land, movement 2 on movement 34 [a] in Slottet Lochleven and no. 9 on movement 2 in Nordiska fantasibilder.