- Year of composition: Paris 5 February 1786 (according to van Boer)
- Work category: Voice and orchestra
- Text author: Pietro Metastasio (from the opera Olympiade, Act I, Scene 5)
- Duration: Approx. 1-5 min
- Detailed duration: Uncertain
(cont) / str
Sopran eller tenor
- Location autograph: Musik- och teaterbiblioteket
- Possible call no. and autograph comment: Z/Sv
van Boer Jr, Bertil H: Die Werke von Joseph Martin Kraus. Systematisch-thematisches Werkverzeichnis, the Royal Swedish Academy of Music series no. 56, Stockholm (1988); an updated edition in English with a partly revised VB-numbering was published in 1998 by Pendragon Press under the title 'Joseph Martin Kraus. A Systematic-Thematic Catalogue of His Musical Works and Source Study'
Description of work
Larghetto A major 4/4 (C)
According to van Boer there is a note on the autograph that says the aria was written for the tenor Christoffer Karsten, but the clef suggests that the original version was written for a soprano.
Del destin non vi lagnate