- Year of composition: Stockholm September 1791 (August-September 1791 according to van Boer's earlier dating; see more below)
- Work category: Incidental music
- Text author: Didrik (Didric) Gabriel Björn
- Dedication: Duke Karl [Carl; later king Karl XIII)
- Duration: Approx. 5-10 min
- Detailed duration: Uncertain
0.2.0.2 / 2.[2*].0.0 / [timp*] (cont) / str
(** according to van Boer's earlier information both 2 trp and timp are probably included, however the parts are not written out in the score, only marked with bar lines)
Location for score and part material
A copy exists at Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in Munich, Germany, according to van Boer
- Location autograph: Uppsala Universitetsbibliotek
- Possible call no. and autograph comment: Kapsel 57:3a, 23. Si-S; the title is according to copyist Fredrik Samuel Silverstolpe: 'Chor till firande af H. K. H. Hertigens af Södermanland Födelsedag år 1791 af Kraus Finale till Prolog den 7. Okt. 91'
van Boer Jr, Bertil H: Die Werke von Joseph Martin Kraus. Systematisch-thematisches Werkverzeichnis, the Royal Swedish Academy of Music series no. 56, Stockholm (1988); an updated edition in English with a partly revised VB-numbering was published in 1998 by Pendragon Press under the title 'Joseph Martin Kraus. A Systematic-Thematic Catalogue of His Musical Works and Source Study'
Description of work
Allegretto C major 2/4
Må Sveafolk din tacksamhet i dina